McMaster Institute for Music & the Mind
The McMaster Institute for Music and the Mind (MIMM) is an interdisciplinary group of researchers including psychologists, neuroscientists, music theorists, musicians, dancers, media artists, mathematicians, kinesiologists, health scientists, and engineers.
At the institute, scientists, researchers, and musicians study questions about the physical structure, evolution, neural processing, performance, and perception of music, dance and media arts. Specific questions concern how the auditory and motor systems interact to produce music, how performers synchronize with each other, how people encode and recognize music, and how groups in society are defined by the music they play.
- Upcoming Events
- December 2016 MIMM Journal Club Dec 09, 2016 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM — McMaster University, Psychology Building, Room 204
- January 2017 MIMM Journal Club Jan 13, 2017 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM — McMaster University, Psychology Building, Room 204
- February 2017 MIMM Journal Club Feb 10, 2017 12:30 PM - 01:30 PM — McMaster University, Psychology Building, Room 204
- MIMM Conference - Student Press Releases Mar 22, 2015
- Bouncing to music can help babies bond, become more cooperative Nov 07, 2014
- Dance It Out Oct 14, 2014
- High-tech venue opens in Hamilton: this is your brain on music… Sep 24, 2014